Recipe & Photo Courtesy of http://www.iadorefood.com
• 4 fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
• 1 can (28 oz) of diced tomatoes
• 1 can (5 1/2oz) tomato paste
• 2 small jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped)
• 2 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
• 2 Teaspoon salt
• 1 Teaspoon of garlic powder
• 3 Tablespoon of olive oil
• 3/4 of a red onion (chopped)
• 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1. To easily peel tomatoes, cut an X into the top or bottom of the tomato and place in boiling water for a few minutes remove, let cool slightly and remove skin.
2. Dice tomatoes, place in food processor add tomato paste, chopped peppers, minced garlic, cilantro, salt, onions and oil. Process until mixed.
3. This mixture usually fills my food processor, so I empty this into a bowl; add the can of diced tomatoes and process to chop the tomatoes a little finer. I then put this into first mixture and mix.
4. At this point the salsa is ready to serve, but if left to sit in refrigerator for a few hours the salsa will thicken and the flavours will intensify.
5. This method produces a fine textured salsa. I you like a chunkier salsa, I sometimes place onions, seeded peppers, cilantro, garlic in the processor whole and process until chopped. I then take the tomatoes and pulse them until I have the texture I like.
THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY POSTS 😀
☆ Follow me —> http://www.facebook.com/candice.ross1