These brownies are unbelievable! Grain and Gluten Free!
Requires only a handful of ingredients you most likely have on hand, and all you need is a food processor (or blender) and a muffin tin.
simple, healthy and delicious!
BROWNIES WITH A SURPRISE!
•1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed well and drained in colander
•3 T unrefined coconut oil, melted
•2 large eggs or 2 large flax eggs (2.5 Tbs flax seed meal and 6 Tbs water)
•1 tsp pure vanilla extract
•3/4 cup cocoa powder
•1/4 tsp sea salt
•1 1/2 tsp baking powder
•1/2 cup raw sugar or coconut sugar pulsed in a food processor or coffee grinder
•Optional toppings: crushed walnuts, almonds, pecans or semisweet chocolate chips
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a standard size muffin tin.
3. For the flax egg, combine the flax and water in the bowl of the food processor. Pulse a couple times and let stand for 3-4 minutes
4. Add remaining ingredients except the nuts or chocolate chips and puree – about 3 minutes – scraping down sides as needed until it is smooth and creamy
5. Add a Tbsp. or two of water if the mixture seems too thick and pulse again. It should be like the consistency of creamy frosting
6. Add the batter evenly into the muffin tins and smooth out the tops a little
7. Sprinkle with crushed walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides.
9. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes
Remove gently with a fork. The insides are meant to be sort of fudgy, so don’t worry if they seem too moist
10. Refrigerate the remaining brownies or store in air tight container for 2 days- but I don’t think they will last that long!
Calories: 140 calories Fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 22 g Sugar: 9 g Sodium: 163 mg Fiber: 7 h Protein: 5 g
☆ Follow me —> http://www.facebook.com/candice.ross1