Mini Blood Orange Meringue Pies♥
✽♥ Be sure to SHARE to SAVE to your Timeline Photos to find later ♥✽
2 Pillsbury Pie crusts, cut into 14 rounds
3/4 C. Blood Orange Juice
1 Blood Orange, pulp removed
3/4 C. Sugar
2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Press pie crust rounds into a muffin tin. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool. Set aside.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
4. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine blood orange juice, freshly squeezed blood orange juice, 1/2 cup of sugar, cornstarch, and 1 egg and two of the yolks (the whites from these two eggs will go into a separate small bowl.) Microwave in 45-second bursts, whisking between each set, until the filling has set up. Usually around the 3rd cycle, it will start to thicken.
5. Remove pie crusts and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spoon thickened filling into the center of each crust.
6. With a mixer, beat the two remaining egg whites together until stiff peaks form. Add Cream of Tartar and remaining 1/4-cup of sugar. Whip just until a silky meringue forms.
7. Spoon meringue over the top of each blood orange pie. Place in preheated oven and bake 8-12 minutes, or until the meringue is golden brown and cooked through. Remove and cool before serving.
Makes 14 Pies.
Approximate Nutritional Facts, per 1 pie:
Calories: 41.0, Total Fat: 0.4g (Saturated: 0.2g, Polyunsaturated 0.1g, Monounsaturated 0.2g), Cholesterol 0.4mg, Sodium 10.0mg, Potassium 23.6mg, Total Carbohydrate 9.4g (Dietary Fiber: 0.0g, Sugars 8.3g), Protein 0.1g
Make sure to FOLLOW me for daily encouragement, recipes, tips and more! http://www.facebook.com/candice.ross1
Join our FREE Weight Loss Support Group on Facebook. Recipes, Diet Tips, Support and Encouragement. We have over 7,000 members and growing!! Join here>>>http://www.facebook.com/groups/SkinnyHealth http://ow.ly/i/61KxM